NOTE: Firearm Legal Defence is not a CSSA product but is highly recommended by the association. All our staff and board of directors use it.
– Tony Bernardo, Executive Director
Firearm Legal Defence Helps Gun Owners Protect Themselves From Unfair Charges and Punitive Court Processes
Firearm Legal Defence pays legal fees, court costs and time off work to attend court — up to $250,000 per occurrence (recently increased 50% for no additional cost!) — $1,000,000 total per policy year. Plus you receive unlimited legal advice through our toll-free Legal Advice Helpline.
Just $95 per year.
CSSA members receive $10 off when you visit FirearmLegalDefence.com today, click “Buy Now” and enter your Discount Code: CSSA001.
You are not required to disclose any information about firearms in your possession.
Firearm Legal Defence has also introduced some new options that can be added to your policy at renewal. Many of our clients have been asking for these and we’ve heard you!
- Firearm Legal Defence Plus ($195/year total)
Increase your per-claim limit to $1,000,000.
- Family Coverage (+$40/year)
Extend your coverage to your spouse and all dependent children living at home under the age of 25 (all participating family members must have their PAL). This is not a per-person amount! $40 covers everyone in your family.
- Personal Injury
If you’re injured by someone else using a firearm or bow, we’ll provide you access to a lawyer and cover legal costs.
- Extension to Bows
Your coverage now extends to bows, including crossbows, recurve, compound and longbows.
Firearm Legal Defence insurance covers:
- Defence from prosecution should you be charged with an offence arising out of the use, storage, display, transportation or handling of a firearm;
- Cases where a firearm is used in self defence, the defence of a person under your protection or the defence of your property;
- Appealing an event where a licensing, regulatory or judicial authority refuses to renew, suspends, revokes, cancels or alters the terms of your firearms license. Note that this provision does not apply to new license applications.
Firearm Legal Defence pays for:
- The cost of retaining a lawyer or other appointed representative, including court fees, experts’ fees, police reports and medical reports;
- Costs awarded by the court to opponents in civil cases if the insured person has been ordered to pay them, or pays them with the agreement of the insurance company;
- Lost salary or wages for the time the insured is off work to attend court or any other hearing at the request of the appointed representative, up to a maximum of $500 per day and $10,000 in total.
For more details visit FirearmLegalDefence.com and enter your CSSA Member Discount Code: CSSA001