“I tell you… not every person who’s in the gun lobby is an extremist, but everybody who’s extremist is in the gun lobby,” said Bill ‘Conspiracy Theory’ Blair at a recent Liberal Party event.
This nonsense is so easily debunked we’re shocked that Captain ‘Conspiracy Theory’ would even say it out loud. That he did is likely evidence that Bill Blair either skipped his medication that day or the pill bottle was empty.
Or maybe the Minister of Moronic Silliness was simply confused and mistook the 474,413 individuals with Firearm Prohibition Orders in the 2019 Commissioner of Firearms Report for licensed firearm owners.[i]
That’s an honest mistake, right?
Otherwise, we’re left with the insane theory that the RCMP are conspiring to license known extremists right under the nose of the Minister Responsible for Public Safety.
The good men and women at the Canadian Firearms Program work tirelessly and scrupulously to ensure only honest, hardworking Canadians are granted Possession and Acquisition Licences, so it’s disheartening to hear Bill ‘Conspiracy Theory’ Blair so thoroughly denigrate their efforts on behalf of all Canadians.
We attempted to explain to Captain ‘Conspiracy Theory’ that it’s his responsibility – as Minister Responsible for the RCMP Canadian Firearms Program – to ensure ‘extremists’ are not issued firearm licenses.
He refused to take our call.
That’s no surprise, since Bill ‘Conspiracy Theory’ Blair sees extremist bogeymen under every Canadian firearm Possession and Acquisition License. We couldn’t find a single one.
To help Minister Blair wean himself from his extremist conspiracy theories, we diligently combed through our membership database in search of extremists. We could not find a single one.
What we did find were tens of thousands of Canadians dedicated to the principles our organization promotes tirelessly – the safe handling and use of firearms.
Then we checked the list of mass murderers since we were founded 61 years ago.
As the lengthy list below shows, not a single mass murderer since 1960 was a CSSA member – a fact that shines the light of truth on the Minister’s deranged conspiracy theories and big fat Liberal Lies.
Bill ‘Conspiracy Theory’ Blair needs to either up the dosage of his medication or start taking it again – one of the two – because the extremist bogeymen he sees everywhere simply do not exist.
Canadian Mass Murderers for the past 61 years [ii]
- On September 4, 2020, Michael Lapa (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) shot and killed five family members in Oshawa, Ontario, before killing himself.
- On April 18–19, 2020, Gabriel Wortman (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) murdered 22 people by burning them to death, ramming them with his vehicle or shooting them.
- Dillon Ricky Whitehawk (NOT A CSSA MEMBER), a violent young man subject to a Firearm Prohibition Order, was charged with first degree murder in the killings of three people, one each in November 2019, December 2019 and January 2020.
- On July 27, 2019, Menhaz Zaman (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) brutally slaughtered his sister, mother, father and grandmother by bashing their heads in with a crowbar before slashing their throats with a knife.
- On April 15, 2019, John Brittain, (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) a retired City of Penticton civil engineer, murdered four people before turning himself in to police.
- On April 14, 2019, Matrix Savage Gathergood (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) entered the Salmon Arm Church of Christ and shot shot two people, killing one and sending the other to the emergency ward.
- On August 10, 2018, Matthew Vincent Raymond (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) shot and killed Fredericton Police Force Constable Sara Mae Helen Burns, Fredericton Police Force Constable Lawrence Robert Costello, Donnie Robichaud and his girlfriend, Bobbie Lee Wright.
- On July 22, 2018, Faisal Hussain (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) murdered two people and injured another thirteen people on Danforth Avenue.
- On April 23, 2018, Alek Minassian (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) drove a van into a crowded sidewalk and murdered ten people and injured 16 others.
- On January 29, 2017, Alexandre Bissonnette (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) murdered 6 people and injured another six at the Islamic Cultural Centre of Quebec City.
- On August 25, 2016, 35-year-old Brett Ryan (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) murdered his mother so she couldn’t tell his fiancé he was a liar. Then he murdered two of his brothers and attempted to kill the third after they tried to come to their mother’s aid. They all died because Brett Ryan refused to tell his fiancé the truth: he lost his job when his employer found out about his criminal past.
- On January 22, 2016, a 17-year-old male (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) shot and killed four people and injured seven others in La Loche, Saskatchewan.
- On December 29, 2014, 53-year-old Phu Lam (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) went on a killing spree in Edmonton, Alberta, where he shot and killed eight people, including two children, most of whom were his relatives. He then committed suicide.
- On June 4, 2014, Justin Bourque (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) murdered RCMP Constable Fabrice Gevaudan, RCMP Constable Dave Ross and RCMP Constable Douglas Larche. Bourque’s firearm license was expired.
- On April 30, 2014, Kevin Douglas Addison (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) shot and killed Mike Lunn and Fred McEachern and injured two others.
“There was nothing in his personal antecedents that could possibly be seen as a precursor to the murderous violence he unleashed on April 30th, 2014,” wrote Justice Robin A. Baird
- On April 14, 2014, 22-year old Matthew de Grood (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) went on a stabbing spree the left five young people dead at a house party in the upscale neighbourhood of Brentwood in Calgary, Alberta. It was the largest mass murder in Calgary’s history.
- On Friday, April 5, 2013, Robert Charron (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) walked into the Les Racines de vie Montessori day care in Gatineau, Quebec, executed a 38-year-old man in front of the children, then killed himself, but not before dousing his estranged wife, the day care’s Director, in “a flammable liquid” and attempting to set her on fire.
- On July 16, 2012, Folorunso Owusu (NOT A CSSA MEMBER), Nahom Tsegazab (NOT A CSSA MEMBER), Shaquan “Bam Bam” Mesquito (NOT A CSSA MEMBER), and Nahom “Gifted” Tsegazab (NOT A CSSA MEMBER), opened fire in a crowd of over two hundred people, injuring 22 and miraculously only killing two others.
- On June 2, 2012, Christopher Husbands (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) walked into the Toronto Eaton Centre’s North Food Court and opened fire on two gang members, killing them both. He also injured five others.
- On December 15, 2011, Derek Jensen (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) murdered his ex-girlfriend, two minor league baseball players and attempted to murder another woman before finally killing himself.
- On September 13, 2006, Kimveer Singh Gill (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) entered Dawson College and began shooting random strangers. He murdered one person and injured another 19 before finally killing himself.
- On April 23, 2006, ‘Runaway Devil’ (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) – a highly manipulative 12-year-old girl – convinced Jeremy Steinke (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) to murder her her entire Medicine Hat family. JR aka The Runaway Devil, completed her 10-year youth sentence for three counts of first-degree murder. She is now 27 years old with a new identity. Her accomplice in the murders of her entire family remains in prison.
- On April 8, 2006, eight members of the Bandidos motorcycle club were murdered by Wayne Kellestine (NOT A CSSA MEMBER), Michael Sandham (NOT A CSSA MEMBER), Dwight Mushey (NOT A CSSA MEMBER), Frank Mather (NOT A CSSA MEMBER), Marcelo Aravena (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) and Brett Gardiner (NOT A CSSA MEMBER).
Eric Niessen (NOT A CSSA MEMBER), and his common-law wife, Kerry Morris (NOT A CSSA MEMBER), were charged with accessory after the fact to murder and pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice.
- On Sunday, March 5, 2006, John LaFleche (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) got really, really drunk, grabbed an aluminum baseball bat and bludgeoned his ex-wife to death. Then, fearing his children would grow up in abusive foster care like he did, LaFleche beat his 7-year-old daughter and 3-year-old son to death as they lay sleeping in their beds.
- On March 3, 2005, James Roszko (NOT A CSSA MEMBER), a violent man with a long criminal history and a lifetime firearms prohibition order against him, used an illegal gun to murder four RCMP constables in Mayerthorpe, Alberta.
- On October 30, 2004, Dustin Joseph Paul (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) murdered three people and attempted to murder several others before he tried and failed to take his own life.
- On Friday afternoon, June 14, 2002, Peter Kiss (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) left his home in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, crossed the border into Ontario with a smuggled Glock .45 calibre handgun. He murdered ex-girlfriend Shannon Cruse, her daughter and her parents before finally killing himself.
- On April 28, 1999, a 14-year-old high school dropout (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) took a gun to his former school and murdered one student and injured another.
- On April 6, 1999, Pierre Lebrun (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) drove into the parking lot of OC Transpo’s St. Laurent Boulevard garage and parked near the supervisor’s office before killing two and injuring two others.
- On April 6, 1996, Mark Chahal (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) travelled from his home in Burnaby to Vernon, where he executed his ex-wife, and eight of her family members.
- On September 18, 1992, Roger Wallace Warren (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) bombed the Giant Mine near Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, killing nine people.
- On August 24, 1992, Valery Iosifovich Fabrikant (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) shot and killed four staff members of Concordia University and injured one other.
- On May 7, 1992, Derek Anthony Wood (NOT A CSSA MEMBER), Darren Muise (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) and Freeman Daniel MacNeil (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) robbed a Sydney River, Nova Scotia, McDonald’s restaurant and murdered three innocent people and left a fourth victim for dead. She survived but was permanently disabled.
- On February 3, 1992, Patrick Dombroskie (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) shot and killed three people inside the Ontario Glove Factory before surrendering to police.
- On December 6, 1989, Marc Lepine aka Gamil Rodrigue Liass Gharbi (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) murdered 14 women at Montreal’s l’Ecole Polytechnique after ordering the men to leave the room. Algerian businessman Rachid Gharbi, his father, routinely beat his wife, Monique Lépine.
- On July 29, 1988, Raymond Russell Rafuse (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) murdered four people in a drunken rage.
- On March 24, 1985, six members of the Hells Angels were murdered by Jacques Pelletier (NOT A CSSA MEMBER), Luc “Sam” Michaud (NOT A CSSA MEMBER), Réjean “Zig-Zag” Lessard (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) and Robert “Snake” Tremblay (NOT A CSSA MEMBER).
- On May 8, 1984, Denis Lortie (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) entered the Quebec National Assembly and murdered three people and injured 13 others.
- On August 6-10, 1982 David William Shearing (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) murdered three generations of the Johnson Family in Wells Gray Provincial Park.
- On the morning of October 27, 1975, 18-year-old Robert Poulin (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) handcuffed a 17-year-old female acquaintance to his bed, raped and sodomized her and, when he was finished, stabbed her nine times. That afternoon, Robert Poulin took a shotgun to St. Pius X High School in Ottawa, Ontario, wounded four people before finally taking his own life.
- On the evening of Friday, September 1, 1972, Gilles Eccles (NOT A CSSA MEMBER), James O’Brien (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) and Jean-Marc Boutin (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) set fire to the Blue Bird Cafe after they were refused entry. Thirty-seven people died and many more were injured.
- On July 30, 1972, William Lepine (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) escaped from Riverview a fourth time and murdered six people in the Kettle Valley and the Kootenays.
- On Friday, September 4, 1970, Dale Merle Nelson (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) got drunk and, most likely, high on LSD, grabbed a 7mm Mauser 98k bolt action rifle he previously lent to a friend, and used it to murder eight people, including five children, in and around Creston, BC.
- On January 30, 1969, 19-year-old Frederick Moses McCallum (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) murdered seven people in Buffalo Narrows, Saskatchewan.
- On August 15, 1967, Victor Ernest Hoffman (NOT A CSSA MEMBER) murdered nine members of the Peterson family in Shell Lake, Saskatchewan.
And since you made it this far let’s not forget, Osama bin Laden wasn’t a CSSA Member either.