Watch the documentary VeraCity: The Gun Chase
It’s easy to believe that investigative reporters – those who set aside their personal beliefs and follow the evidence to reach a conclusion – are extinct in Canada. We’re happy to report one of this rare species is alive and well and reporting honestly about firearms.
Christina Howorun, an award-winning reporter currently working for CityTV, wanted to learn about firearms, firearm owners, and the source of all those illegal guns criminals keep using to shoot up Toronto’s inner city.
Instead of blindly accepting the drool falling out of Public Safety Minister Bill Blair’s mouth, Ms. Howorun did the unthinkable for most reporters.
She took the Canadian Firearms Safety Course to learn, first hand, what it takes to become a licensed firearm owner. She discovered the truth is light-years away from what we hear every day from government and most mainstream media outlets.
She dug deeper, interviewing everyone from former gang leaders to government officials to figure out how illegal guns make it to the streets of Toronto.
Watch the Documentary
We urge you to watch Christina Howorun’s brilliant documentary on CityTV’s website right now, and share it with all your friends. This film strips away the rhetoric and partisan sound-bites and shows us where the overwhelming majority of illegal guns come from: America.
When you’re finished watching the documentary, you can read all of her articles that dives deep into a whole variety of the issues.
- Watch the Full Documentary
- Run for the border: Guns smuggled from U.S. land on Toronto’s streets
- ‘Gun Chase’ investigation: The experiment to buy a gun on the dark web
- No silver bullet: Bill C-21 won’t stop Canada’s illegal gun problem, groups say
- ‘Kids have them’: How guns end up on Toronto’s streets
- How social media is fuelling the gunfire on Toronto’s streets
- Getting a gun has never been easier for criminals in Toronto
- How do handguns get from American gun shows to the streets of Toronto?
- Hitting the target: My first experience at firing a handgun
- VeraCity: The Gun Chase Q&A